Registered Dental Assistant
- Apply Now
- Vista Community Clinic
Oceanside, CA, 92054
Type of position
March 21, 2019
Vista Community Clinic is hiring for a Registered Dental Assistant job in Oceanside,CA
Type Regular Full-Time
40 hrs/wk (M-F 8am-5pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. Competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional positions available in Vista and Oceanside! - Part-Time, Full-Time and Per Diem.
Under the clinical supervision of the dentist and the administrative supervision of the clinic manager, the Registered Dental Assistant will provide chair side assistance to the dentist in the concept of four handed dentistry and prepare patients for service delivery.
- Perform a wide variety of patient care activities and assist chair side in the concept of four handed dentistry including but not limited to impressions, applying non-aerosol and topical agents, applying topical fluoride, removing post-extractions and periodontal dressings and sutures, assisting in the administration of nitrous oxide, placing and removing rubber dams, placing, wedging, and removing matrices for restorative procedures, curing restorative materials in operative site with light curing device, using automated caries detection devices and materials to gather information for diagnosis by dentist. Application of pit and fissure sealants.
- Place temporary sedative dressing, places bases and liners on sound dentin, remove excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth with a hand instrument or floss, size stainless steel crowns, temporary crown and bands, fabricate temporary crowns intraorally, perform temporary cementation and removal of temporary crowns and removal of orthodontic bands, take bite registrations for diagnostic models for case study only and perform coronal polishing
- Maintain a smooth constant flow of patients from reception to operatories; coordinate the activities of several operatories through proper utilization of time, resources, abilities and patient needs
- Operate x-ray equipment to make complete and/or selective oral radiographic services. Process images and arrange in format as appropriate.
- High school graduate or equivalent with post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Certification of Completion of Registered Dental Assistant Exam
- Coronal Polishing Certificate
- Radiation Safety Certificate
- Current CPR Certification
- Operational experience with x-ray machine, sterilizing equipment, ultrasonic equipment, laboratory equipment and other dental practice related equipment
- Minimum two year's experience working as a registered dental assistant in a high volume dental practice
- Availability and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours when requested
- Knowledge of the full range of professional dental duties in connection with treatment of dental diseases and dental health problems of usual difficulty
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of health care delivery
- Proven ability to put patients at ease and give clear understandable directions of treatment recommended by dentist
- Skill in the management of “team” dentistry using multiple operatories and multiple auxiliaries
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and the ability to use that knowledge in assisting clients with accessing necessary health care services
- Knowledge of the operational aspects of Medi-Cal, CHDP, private insurance and government programs which pay for dental services
- Basic computer knowledge, internet use, MS Office, data entry skills
- Contact Information :
- Vista Community Clinic,