- Apply Now
- Vista Community Clinic
Vista, CA, 92081
Type of position
March 22, 2019
Vista Community Clinic is hiring for a Registered Nurse job in Vista,CA
Type Regular Part-Time
Department Nursing Services
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. Every day, you will make an impact on your community.
We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees.
VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Serve as a liaison between physicians, nurses, patients and other providers to determine patient needs.
- Manage and document patient phone calls pertaining to medical conditions and questions according to established department routine.
- ork with physicians, nurses and and patients to assess urgency of patient problems, resolve questions concerning medications, health education, and medical advice within skill level and scope of practice
- Follow through in a timely manner on patient requests
- Submit electronically/fax new prescriptions and refill prescriptions according to physician orders
- Record all prescription/refill information in the medical record
- Serve as a resource to clinic staff regarding medical information, patient assessment, and nursing management of illness
- Assist as needed with “In Person” triage according to Triage policy and document triage in VCC SOAP note
- Graduate of accredited nursing program. Current licensure by the state of California and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum five years experience in acute care nursing and/or outpatient clinic or medical office; triage experience preferred
- Broad knowledge base of general nursing practice, knowledge of acute practice based on skill level, licensure and scope of practice
- Demonstrated critical thinking, organizational and leadership skills; appropriate role modeling
- Excellent nursing assessment skills
- Strong history-taking skill; ability to make quick and accurate assessments and accurately complete documentation
- Ability to relate and communicate well with patients over the telephone, to physicians, and to staff.
- Demonstrated self-direction in establishing priorities and working with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level and licensure and scope of practice.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with Electronic Practice Management and Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; business e-mail communication systems
- Contact Information :
- Vista Community Clinic,