Clinic Manager - Women's Health
- Apply Now
- Vista Community Clinic
Vista, CA, 92081
Type of position
March 22, 2019
Vista Community Clinic is hiring for a Clinic Manager - Women's Health job in Vista,CA
Type Regular Full-Time
Department Clinical Operations
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. Every day, you will make an impact on your community.
We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees.
VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide oversight of clinic operations.
- Assist in directing and supervising daily clinical operations including patient flow and program maintenance
- Ensure adherence to all policies and standards; maintenance of quality control, staffing, training and counseling of employees; and inventory and maintenance of facility.
- Supervises Dental Assistants, Medical Assistants, Patient Service Representatives and other clinic support staff
- Primary duty consists of hiring, firing, promoting, training, evaluating and/or directing the work of designated staff
- Provide direct supervision to the above-referenced employees
- Select, orient and train employees and evaluate job performance
- Assign and complete job assignments and work schedules for staff and providers
- Monitor time and attendance of employees including the approval and coverage arrangement for time off; monitor time and attendance of providers
- Coordinate the function of the clinic and ensure that all patients are treated in a timely, professional and courteous manner and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure adequate coverage and mix of providers and support staff for clinical service delivery; arrange for coverage as necessary to maintain services as needed when providers and staff are on leave
- Set up and maintain monthly provider schedule
- Maintain knowledge of the appointment schedule; review scheduling of site on a daily basis; review availability of appointments to assist in accommodating patients who request services throughout the day; coordinate access to care with Clinic Managers at all sites; monitor to assure that all patients are reminded on the day before their scheduled appointment
- Periodically review registration paperwork to assure that all charts, forms and reports are available prior to the patient visit; ensure that staff is assessing patient eligibility for programs and assign staff to assist patients with paperwork to determine which programs benefit the patient
- Observe and monitor patient flow activities throughout the day to ensure that patients are seen in a timely fashion; communicate to staff and patients any delay in serving patients and assist staff in expediting patient care
- Act as an advocate for patients by communicating patient needs and concerns about their care, treatment or delay in care to staff, management and providers; seek resolution to concerns; act as patient ombudsman
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum four years’ experience and training in clinical systems
- Minimum three years’ supervisory experience
- CPR Certification (BLS Child, Infant, Adult)
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds and within the constraints of government funded programs
- Knowledge of community health centers, and public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Strong experience with computers, Microsoft Office products, business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical/Dental Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Contact Information :
- Vista Community Clinic,