F/T Hospice LVN
- Apply Now
- Bristol Hospice L.L.C.
Bakersfield, CA, 93301
Type of position
February 19, 2019
Bristol Hospice L.L.C. is hiring for a F/T Hospice LVN job in Bakersfield,CA
Are you looking for a rewarding career supporting patients and their families as they seek to live life in comfort and with meaning? Embrace the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an environment where every team member is supported and valued!
At Bristol Hospice, our interdisciplinary staff works together with you to give each patient the fullness of care physically, spiritually and emotionally. We recognize that satisfied employees give superior service and we proudly offer you:
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexibility & Autonomy
- Career Growth Opportunities
If embracing a reverence of life through offering care and assistance to those in need is what motivates you, then you may have what it takes to be a part of the Bristol team!
Browse our job opportunities and apply now to become a valued member of our team!
Bristol Hospice and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Visit www.bristolhospice.com/careers or call 801-325-0175
The LVN works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to deliver patient care services in a manner consistent with Agency commitment to excellence enabling patients to remain in familiar surroundings while preserving quality of life. Nursing care is provided as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with the agency’s policies and procedures. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
- Is a graduate of an accredited vocational nursing program.
- Has one year nursing experience. Community health/Hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Is currently licensed as an LVN in California.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by organization policy.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured.
- Understands philosophy of Hospice concept and principles of death and dying.
Also understands needs of the terminally ill.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of home Hospice services to patients/families/caregivers.
- *Implements current nursing practice following a patient assessment and an approved plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care and outcomes of any interventions.
- *Assess and provide patient/family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
- *Participates in coordination of Hospice services, appropriately reporting the need for Hospice interdisciplinary team members i.e., HCA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian to the RN Case Manager or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently for treatment while adhering to aseptic technique as required.
- *Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patients response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal/professional growth and development. Also participates in organization’s quality management program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the R.N. case manager.
* Essential Functions
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & more
- HSA and 401(k) available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays & PTO
Bristol Hospice programs are designed to promote quality and comprehensive services to our patients, families, and communities.
Bristol Hospice, LLC, was formed in 2006, focusing on the delivery of hospice services in the geographic areas as identified in the company’s strategic plan.
- Contact Information :
- Bristol Hospice L.L.C.,