Optimal Health Services.. A Bristol Company - F/T Hospice Registered Nurse
- Apply Now
- Bristol Hospice L.L.C.
Modesto, CA, 95350
Type of position
February 23, 2019
Bristol Hospice L.L.C. is hiring for a Optimal Health Services.. A Bristol Company - F/T Hospice Registered Nurse job in Modesto,CA
Are you looking for a rewarding career supporting patients and their families as they seek to live life in comfort and with meaning? Embrace the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an environment where every team member is supported and valued!
At Bristol Hospice, our interdisciplinary staff works together with you to give each patient the fullness of care physically, spiritually and emotionally. We recognize that satisfied employees give superior service and we proudly offer you:
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexibility & Autonomy
- Career Growth Opportunities
If embracing a reverence of life through offering care and assistance to those in need is what motivates you, then you may have what it takes to be a part of the Bristol team!
Browse our job opportunities and apply now to become a valued member of our team!
Bristol Hospice and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Visit www.bristolhospice.com/careers or call 801-325-0175
The RN Case Manager provides skilled professional nursing care to the patient/family/caregiver as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with the scope of practice established by the California State Board of Registered Nursing. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
- Is currently licensed as an RN through the California State Board of Registered Nurses.
- Must have a minimum of (a) one year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three years; or (b) have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing and a current RN license.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Understands Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the organization’s policy.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Has satisfactory references from nursing school, previous (or current) employers and/or professional peers.
- Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the Hospice setting where patient/family/caregiver are requiring care.
- *Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- *Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Participating in writing and initiating the plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs which include the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living
- Revising the plan of care as necessary]
- *Initiates and sustains as needed the implementation of orders for medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative and therapeutic nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding patient care with the physician and supervisory personnel.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition, care given and demonstrates progress towards establishing goals.
- Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Observes the patient for changes in condition and reports these changes and the patient’s/family’s/caregiver’s needs to the attending physician and appropriate supervisory personnel. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
- Provides education regarding the disease process, end of life care, self care techniques and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern. In addition, provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients/families/caregivers. Works in concert with the other Hospice interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient/family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Hospice interdisciplinary team members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- *Performs within the limits of preparation and experience.
- *Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform a specialized procedure, such as IV Therapy, only when qualified with specialty training, proven competency, clinical background, and expertise in the specialty area.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and inservice classes.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality management program.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & more
- HSA and 401(k) available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays & PTO
Bristol Hospice programs are designed to promote quality and comprehensive services to our patients, families, and communities.
Bristol Hospice, LLC, was formed in 2006, focusing on the delivery of hospice services in the geographic areas as identified in the company’s strategic plan.
- Contact Information :
- Bristol Hospice L.L.C.,