- Apply Now
- Judge Rotenberg Center
Canton, MA, 02021
Type of position
October 10, 2018
Judge Rotenberg Center is hiring for a Occupational Therapist job in Canton,MA
from 42,000 to 45,000 per year
The Judge Rotenberg Center is hiring for an Occupational Therapist at their Canton, MA location.
Special needs school in Canton, MA, seeking candidate for a P/T, Occupational Therapist position. Responsible for meeting the OT needs of our multi-handicapped students. BS required. Experience working with a multi-handicapped population preferred. MA License required.
The Certified Occupational Therapist position is responsible for a full range of support duties in the Education Department, primarily concerned with meeting the occupational therapy needs of a multi-handicapped student population. This position reports to Special Education Director and/or Assistant Director of Education. It is a exempt, part time position, dependent upon current staffing/student levels. Hours of work are dependent upon coverage necessary and must be able to provide ongoing supervision and support to Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant(s) (COTA’s) staff as needed.
Educational/Work History Requirements:
- BA degree in related field.
- Has Massachusetts Occupational Therapist licensure.
- Have stamina and physical endurance for an exceedingly busy department and demanding responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to function with minimal to moderate supervision.
Essential Duties of the Position
- Must be willing to learn about the JRC students, their disabilities and the forms of treatment provided at JRC.
- Must be willing to be responsible for the safety and welfare of the JRC
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Works well with other departments to insure coordination of activities
- Functions well while handling multiple assignments.
- Exhibits dependability, strong work ethic, and respect for the confidentiality of the students.
- Exhibits accurate, good to excellent typing skills, and knowledge of basic computer programs.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and demeanor.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Has 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 with corrective lenses.
- Has the ability to stand and walk for at least 50% of the work day.
- Has the ability to sit for at least 50% of the work day.
- Has excellent eye/hand coordination for extensive computer work.
- Has the ability to lift up to 25 pounds as the position involves lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and handling.
JRC employs approximately 1000 employees to work in a variety of positions all to ensure that our clients are receiving the highest quality of care.
All JRC direct care staff members are full or part time employees of JRC and are trained by JRC’s training department. There are many levels of supervision to include specially trained quality control supervisors and live digital video recording monitors to ensure optimal performance.
All staff receives formal assessments on a quarterly basis. Direct care staff are assessed every shift by their supervisor and receive on the spot instruction.
- Contact Information :